Get to know me…
I’m an entrepreneur with two exists (so far), lots of strikeouts, angel investor, former venture capitalist, and worked in Marketing at America Online.
I started my professional career in technology as a pioneer on the Internet in 1996 as the Founder/CEO of Worldwide Angler, Inc. Worldwide Angler was recognized as the #1 social networking and e-commerce site for sport fisherman on the internet. I bought the company back from the investors in 2001 and led it to a successful exit a decade later to a large public media company.
I live Half Moon Bay, CA with my wife and dogs.
When not at the mic or keyboard you can find me riding my road bike zipping up and down the California coast 🚴♂️
Follow my journey of investing $500k to build a personal holding company to $1b in 7 years here.
- MBA from the UNC, Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Masters in Psychology from Washington College (Psi Chi National Honor Society)
- BA in Psychology from Washington College (President of the Psi Chi National Honor Society, Honors Thesis, NCAA Sports Writer Scholarship)
- Post Graduate work at Stanford University.
- Certified Expert Tiny Habits Coach – B.J. Fogg, Stanford’s Behavioral Design Lab
- Marine Ventures Foundation (2001- present) – Board Member
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (2022- present) – Chairman, City of Half Moon Bay, CA
- Future Enterprisers (2022 – present) – Founder, teaching high school students how to build a business plan and start a business
- Outdoor Writers Association on America (1996- present) – Member
- Author: Back of the Napkin to… Series
1st book available on Amazon, a #1 Amazon Best Seller:
Back of the Napkin to…Business Plan in 11 Slides. So easy you can do it on a flight from San Francisco to New York.
- Maryland Sport Fish Advisory Commission (2009-2013) – Commissioner, appointed by the Governor of Maryland
- US Patent Holder
- Academic Published Author – Navy Post Graduate School
- A Changing Delta – Short Film, Aired on PBS, Film Festival Nominated, Producer, watch for free here
- Keeping Country – Short Film, Film Festival Nominated, Producer, watch for free here
- Business plan and how to build one
- Pitch Deck creation to raise money from investors
- How to raise money from investors at each of the different rounds (Pre-seed, A, B, C, D, public markets) of capital raises
- AI, machine learning, emerging technology and it’s applications
- Marketing (financial modeling, SEO, social media, email, podcasting, video, direct marketing)
- Peak performance
- For more information on having me speak at your event please visit my keynote speaker page.
Latest Biking Adventures
Grand Fondo & Century Finishes:
- Death Ride, Tour of the California Alps (14,000′ of climbing, 103 miles, over six (6) HC Alpine climbs)(California)
- Garrett County Diabolical Double (126.2 miles over 16,500 feet of climbing)(Maryland)
- Levi’s Gran Fondo (Growler, 137.95 miles over 13,604 feet of climbing)(California)
- Terrible Two (200k, 121 miles over 11,284 feet of climbing) (California)
- Jensie Gran Fondo (California)
- Wine Country Century (California)
- Seagull Century (Maryland)
- and many others…