Summary: CEO Zeuss, Inc. Entrepreneur. Formerly Venture Capitalist / AOL / CEO. Tech nerd who likes to fly fish, race bikes, fly and go fast.
CAREER: Entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist, Management
I have been an entrepreneur, investor and served in management with a Fortune 100 company. I started my professional career as a pioneer on the Internet in 1995 as the Founder and CEO of Worldwide Angler, Inc. where I built the business plan and led the company from inception through three rounds of financing. Worldwide Angler was recognized as the leading recreational fishing interactive media (in Web 2.0 nomenclature, “social media” or “social networking” ) and e-commerce site on the internet by publications such as USA Today and for its leading technology by PC Magazine.
As a venture capitalist I worked for two prominent venture capital firms in Northern Virginia investing in technology companies and worked in Marketing at America Online.
A cross section of my passion for interactive media and fishing has led me to serve for the last eleven years as Chairman and “Chief Angler” of Tidal Fish Ventures, LLC. The company’s leading site is one of the largest recreational fishing social networking sites on the internet called TidalFish.com. The site has over 62,000 registered anglers who stay over twelve minutes per visit.
I am currently CEO of Zeuss, Inc., a next generation data analytics software company. Zeuss is bringing twenty years of innovation to the business intelligence market with it’s Magno product. Magno ramps a person up faster when taking over his/her predecessor’s job and/or territory by creating a blueprint of the predecessor’s life at a company. Magno accomplishes this by analyzing all of a person’s digital communications and creates an actionable, easy to consume, dashboard where someone can quickly get up to speed on conversations, accounts, key people in the accounts, tone of the conversation(s), formality, and important people (internally and externally) related to performing his/her job successfully.
PROFESSION: Chief Angler and Biking Guy
I am a life long angler. Besides fishing and exploring the many waters of the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Coast, I’ve traveled the world in search of many species. I especially seek out destinations where my second love (preceded by striped bass fishing) bonefish swim. I have fished many waters in South America, Mexico, Latin America, most islands in the Bahamas, the Seychelles Islands, Turks and Cacios, and throughout the entire United States from Alaska to Maine.
My biking journey started in in 2010. Since then I’ve been hooked on riding. In 2012 I raced for the Annapolis Bike Racing Team and finished in the top 5 overall in Maryland for crit riding and top 10 for road racing. I’ve ridden the Garrett County Gran Fondo Diabolical Double, done many centuries including the Sea Gull Century and Dover Ride of the Century. I’ve been lucky enough besides riding all over Maryland to do some amazing rides in Jackson Hole, WY, Denver, CO and all around Northern California. I’m thinking about doing the race across America in 2014. Good times and fast rides ahead.
Community and Industry Interests, Memberships
Baltimore Angels Member
A great group of fun entrepreneurs who invest in Start-Ups in the Baltimore, MD area.
Maryland Sport Fish Advisory Commissioner (SFAC)
Appointed by the Governor of Maryland; the commission is tasked with advising the Director of Fisheries Service on all matters regarding freshwater and saltwater fisheries in Maryland.
Marine Ventures Foundation (MVF) Board Member
MVF seeks to improve and protect critical marine, coastal and river habitats in North America, South America and the Caribbean.
MBA University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School (’05)
* Internationally studied at:
Erasmus, Rotterdam School of Management (Netherlands)
Gdansk Foundation for Management Development (Poland)
EGADE (Monterrey, Mexico)
FGV-EAESP (San Paulo, Brazil)
Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong, China)
Masters, Psychology, Washington College (’03)
Psi Chi National Honor Society
BA, Psychology, Washington College (’94)
Psi Chi National Honor Society (President)
Persuasion Boot Camp ’12
Run by the Founder and Director of Stanford’s Persuasive Technology Lab Dr. BJ Fogg.
Business Related Speaking Engagements
- University of Maryland $75k Business Plan Competition (2012): Judge
- ‘Love and Money’ Symposium: The Growing Power and Influence of Global Movement in Social Entrepreneurship (’08): University of Baltimore
- UVA Batten Venture Capital Bootcamp(’05) – “Life as an Venture Capital Associate” panel
- George Mason University Business School(’03) - Panel member for the “Entrepreneurship” MBA class
- American University Kogod School of Business(’02,’03, ‘04) – “Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital”
- Ernest and Young Accelerator Sessions(’02-05′) – Sessions held by the Venture Capital Advisory Group for promising companies in order to obtain feedback, suggestions, and coaching from panel members.
- Washington College (’01) - “Technology Innovation, the Internet, and E-Commerce”
Fishing Speaking Engagements
- Light Tackle Fishing For Striped Bass (’10,’09,’08,’07,’99,’98,’97): Maryland Saltwater Fishing Association chapters, Maryland Outdoor Fishing and Hunting Show, Coastal Conservation Association
- Saltwater Fly Fishing for Striped Bass (’10,’09,’08, ’98): Maryland Saltwater Fishing Association chapters, Coastal Conservation Association Chapter
- Saltwater Fly Fishing for Bonefish (’08): Maryland Saltwater Fishing Association chapter
I’ve been together with my wife for fifteen years. Beyond our family and friends we share our lives with our three jack russell terriers, two cats and a horse.
I enjoy fly fishing, adventures, flying, cycling and going fast.
Email: Brandon at BrandonCWhite . com
LinkedIn: Brandon C. White
Facebook: Brandon C. White
Phone: 415-ZEUSS-05 (415-938-7705)
Snail Mail: Brandon White, 8673 Commerce Dr., Suite 4, Easton, MD or 524 Union Street, Suite #317, San Francisco, CA 94133
*Best way to contact me is email or text