Everyone is talking about the metaverse and I was curious about how it all translates into sales and projected marketsize. Here’s what’s happening:
- 76.7 million AR/VR devices are expected to be sold by 2024
- $10 billion in revenue is expected to be generated from the sale of VR hardware in 2022
- 7 million AR and VR headsets were shipped worldwide in 2020. 105 million is expected by 2025
- 26 million units of both AR and VR headsets are forecasted to be sold annually by 2023
- 6.1 million units of VR headsets are expected to be sold with a total cumulative installed base of 16.44 million
- 26.7 million units of AR hardware are expected to be shipped worldwide by 2022
If you enjoyed this article be sure to claim your subscription to the weekly email I send out. It’s full of great information and other articles just like this one. This piece is from my 6/24/22, Week 25 update.