The Inc 5000 for 2022 was recently released. Every year they survey Founders and CEO’s and ask them a host of questions ranging from what they say their biggest challenges are to what scares them the most.
Below are some highlights from the survey this year.
I bolded some that jumped out as most interesting. See how you compare and if you agree.
- 43% of the Inc 5000 CEO’s started their business because they believe they could make their ideas happen
- 35% wanted to lead their own companies
- 87% are over 35 years old
- 52% are serial entrepreneurs
- 46% have turned down venture capital. To launch the company…80% used their own savings, 25% used credit cards, 24% got loans from friends and family.
- Biggest concerns: 46% say they fear failure, 33% worry about being responsible for their employees livelihood.
- Health issues related to being an entrepreneur: 40% say staring a company has negatively affected their physical health, 43% say it has brought on or exacerbated anxiety, and 15% say it has contributed to depression.
- Biggest challenges to growth: 65% say hiring and retaining good staff, 35% say meeting demand.
If you enjoyed this article be sure to claim your subscription to the weekly email I send out. It’s full of great information and other articles just like this one. This piece is from my 9/24/22, Week 40 update.
Claim your subscription here, it’s free.
Claim your email subscription here to get these updates delivered straight to your inbox. It’s free!