Get to know me…
I’m an entrepreneur with two exists (so far), lots of strikeouts, angel investor, former venture capitalist, and worked in Marketing at America Online.
I started my professional career in technology as a pioneer on the Internet in 1996 as the Founder/CEO of Worldwide Angler, Inc. Worldwide Angler was recognized as the #1 social networking and e-commerce site for sport fisherman on the internet. I bought the company back from the investors in 2001 and led it to a successful exit a decade later to a large public media company.
I live Half Moon Bay, CA with my wife and dogs.
When not at the mic or keyboard you can find me riding my road bike zipping up and down the California coast. 🚴♂️
- MBA from the UNC, Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Masters in Psychology from Washington College (Psi Chi National Honor Society)
- BA in Psychology from Washington College (President of the Psi Chi National Honor Society, Honors Thesis, NCAA Sports Writer Scholarship)
- Post Graduate work at Stanford University.
- Certified Expert Tiny Habits Coach – B.J. Fogg, Stanford’s Behavioral Design Lab
- Marine Ventures Foundation (2001- present) – Board Member
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (2022- present) – Chairman, City of Half Moon Bay, CA
- Future Enterprisers (2022 – present) – Founder, teaching high school student how to build a business plan and business
- Outdoor Writers Association on America (1996- present) – Member
- Maryland Sport Fish Advisory Commission (2009-2013) – Commissioner, appointed by the Governor of Maryland
- US Patent Holder
- Academic Published Author – Navy Post Graduate School
- A Changing Delta – Short Film, Aired on PBS, Film Festival Nominated, Producer, watch for free here
- Keeping Country – Short Film, Film Festival Nominated, Producer, watch for free here
Latest Biking Advenetures
Grand Fondo & Century Finishes:
- Death Ride, Tour of the California Alps (14,000′ of climbing, 103 miles, over six (6) HC Alpine climbs)(California)
- Garrett County Diabolical Double (126.2 miles over 16,500 feet of climbing)(Maryland)
- Levi’s Gran Fondo (Growler, 137.95 miles over 13,604 feet of climbing)(California)
- Terrible Two (200k, 121 miles over 11,284 feet of climbing) (California)
- Jensie Gran Fondo (California)
- Wine Country Century (California)
- Seagull Century (Maryland)
- and many others…